Care Coordinator - Adults
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor or Master degree in Psychology, Social Work, Sociology or Criminal Justice, or related field; OR
A current license as a registered nurse in the state where services are provided with behavioral health experience; OR
Certification as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor allowed to provide substance abuse rehabilitative treatment to those with alcohol and/or other drug dependencies or addictions; OR
Current certification as a Behavioral Health Case Manager IIR as described in OAC 317: 30-5-595(2).
Certified Behavioral Health Case Management is required and must be kept current annually and must complete certification within the first six months of employment.
An expectation of core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and/or psychology; and of current social and economic problems.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible and immediately supervised by the respective Adult Services Administrator:
This position is responsible and held accountable for the following duties:
· Provide varying types of case management and/or rehabilitative services in various settings to individuals, families, and groups.
· Provide crisis intervention services as assigned.
· Studies and evaluates the needs and abilities of the client and assists them to function more adequately through use of their own strengths and through use of community resources.
· Completes all agency documentation of services in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
· Assists clients to adjust and adapt themselves to their environment, care, and treatment.
· Appropriate case management certification as needed.
· Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job requirement.
· Employee must be willing and able to perform all job-related travel normally associated with this position (this may include transportation of clients).
· Must meet agency standards of billable services and fiscal responsibility as designated by the County Administrator.
· Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as requested.
· Participates in staff meetings.
· Must meet “satisfactory” expectations at any scheduled job performance evaluation.
· Quality of work will be evaluated through training, skill, or special purpose. Must be competent and adequate.
Must perform the specific job duties as listed above to meet position expectations.
In addition, must possess skill in working cooperatively and effectively with clients, staff, management and other professional groups; in exercising mature judgment in dealing with people; in presenting ideas clearly and accurately; in reading and comprehending the English language; and in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.