Spring 2020 Design Intern
Founded in New York, Parker is a contemporary lifestyle brand that caters to the fashionable, city girl. She is fearless, her style is effortless, and she is just a little bit sexy. She exudes a quiet, attractive confidence that says, "I've got this." Our designs capture the season's trends with pieces that are easy to buy and easy to wear. We also offer embellished and occasional dresses under our evening label, Parker Black. We're sold at Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Shopbop, Revolve and specialty stores worldwide.
- Shadow VP and Designers as they build seasonal boards, selects fabrications, and allocate inspiration to fabrics/groups
- Assist in maintenance of design spreadsheets and libraries
- Source local fabric/trims for local sampling
- Coordinating drop offs/pick up of materials and patterns for local sample room
- Check in fabric and garment SMS from overseas and local factories
- Help prepare the new collection for market, including steaming, adding last minute labels, alterations, buttons, etc.
- Organize fabric and print library
- Build Design portfolio and receive feedback from manager and other members of the team
- Work with Fabric Manager to learn the development through production process for all fabrics in the line
- Help send development packages for fabric and SMS to overseas vendors