Looking for an internship to increase your analytics skills in a relatively new Business Intelligence department? Farmers Mutual Hail is currently looking for an undergraduate to intern in our Business Intelligence department as part of our 2020 summer internship program. This is a paid internship starting Tuesday, May 26 through early to mid August, working up to 40 hours per week for the summer, with the potential to turn into a full-time, permanent position in the future. This intern will be responsible for assisting Analytics team with strategic initiatives geared towards increasing profitability or risk mitigation, as well as assisting the Data Operations team with Dashboard testing and report creation within FMH’s Business Intelligence Portal.
We hope to interview for this internship in December/January.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Assists BI Analysts with data gathering and tasks related to strategic initiative projects.
• Report creation and Dashboard testing within FMH’s BI Portal.
• Completion of daily ad-hoc reporting and data requests.
• Interacts/communicates with other BI department staff.
• Follows all BI department processes and procedures.
• Accomplishes other tasks and duties as assigned.
• Must be enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at an undergraduate college or university, majoring in MIS, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, or Actuarial Science.
• Intermediate Excel skills a must.
• Exposure to Tableau, SAS, R, Python, SQL very helpful.
• Office environment with individual work space provided
• Casual dress code
• On-site fitness center and cafeteria
• Employee appreciation events
• Opportunity to participate in company-wide activities
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company of Iowa. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Farmers Mutual Hail Insurance Company does not discriminate in employment (M/V/F/D/GI). All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.