Sports Marketing and Operations Internship - Spring Semester
Interview Process is underway. Please submit Applications ASAP
JOB DESCRIPTION: Sports Marketing and Operations Intern, Spring Semester
This broad-based spring internship (January through May) is focused on the marketing and operations that go into planning and executing the Des Moines Menace’s spring and summer soccer programs. As a spring intern, you will take an active role in a popular sports organization that operates in a fun, professional environment. School credit is required.
• Plan and carry out marketing strategies, including the creation and distribution of advertising materials that promote the Menace men’s team, women’s team and youth programs.
• Help with the development and printing of the souvenir program, program inserts and media guide.
• Provide customer service to those involved with youth-soccer programs, including tournaments, camps/clinics and Junior Menace.
• Promote the Menace through public appearances and community events.
• Work Menace home matches in April & May. This includes full-day dedication to game-day set-up, servicing fans and post-game tear-down.
• Assist with social media and electronic communications.
• General office work, including but not limited to paper-cutting, copying and managing databases.
• Other projects and duties, as directed by Menace Staff.
• High levels of responsibility and organization.
• Preferred experience with social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
• A passion for sports and a working knowledge of the game of soccer.
• Willingness to work some nights and weekends.
• Open to constructive criticism and focused on continual personal growth.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and dedication to the organization’s goals, mission and values.
• Proven team player who is willing to take on responsibilities and do what it takes to get the job done.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint.
As part of Krause Group, all Menace associates are expected to uphold the company's values: Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Caring and Excellence.
To Apply Please email Lyle.Hunt@MenaceSoccer.com with your resume and three reasons you want to be part of the Menace. Deadline is Monday, December 6th, 2019.