Administrative Summer Intern - Financial Planning & Analysis
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Administrative Intern – Financial Planning & Analysis
What You’ll Do
- Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Work in a team environment, which includes mentoring by junior analyst.
- Charging guidelines.
- Opening of charge numbers, including required documentation.
- Support the accounting weekly and month-end process.
- Budget analysis.
- Research of costs.
- Understand reports and dissemination of reports.
- Build upon acquired knowledge to solve actual business and financial issues.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department and the company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2020. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to gain an understanding of the FP&A workflow.
- Ability to communicate with other business professionals and provide data, as needed.
- Ability to follow direction and prioritize.
- Excellent Math/analytical background.
- Solid communication, i.e., oral/written.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Use of Pivot tables, and desirable if employee has PowerPivot skills.
- Ability to sort through data and provide analysis.
- Problem solving ability, including to research items.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available