Manufacturing Leadership Development Program - Summer 2020 Internship
Manufacturing is at the heart of what we do at Whirlpool Corporation. The program is designed for you to experience the multitude of roles within manufacturing. Rotations will be focused through our Whirlpool Production System pillars; experiences could include lean manufacturing, quality, materials, supervision and many more.
Interns are assigned to one of our five Ohio plants in Clyde, Findlay, Greenville, Marion or Ottawa.
Project assignments will be focused in our World Class Manufacturing methodology and could be in areas such as:
- Lead scrap reduction initiatives, including project scope and timeline development, problem solving with suppliers, establishing standardized solutions and implementing changes
- Manage equipment / resource relocation projects which could include: redesign of current equipment or resources, working with suppliers to identify new equipment options and leading change management with impacted team members
- Design, develop, review and conduct coordination for test programs or components, small systems or processes, or materials taking into account customers, product performance, cost and quality requirements
- Focus on cost-savings initiatives across a plant including: standardized work audits, increasing first pass yield, scrap reduction, etc.
- Coordinate with business partners across functions, from Procurement and Supply Chain to Engineering
- Learn and apply Lean Manufacturing techniques to project(s)
Background and Experience
Minimum Background and Experiences
- Progress toward completing a B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management
- Sophomore standing or higher with minimum cumulative G.P.A of 3.0/4.0
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Demonstrated maturity and confidence to effectively present ideas
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships in a culturally diverse environment
- Self-discipline and ability to manage competing priorities
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to analyze and solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity
- Ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time.
Get to know more about our programs at https://whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/