Kress is looking for a full time Transport Specialist to oversee the coordination and routing of all shipments including common carrier, heavy haul, and specialty parts.
Prepare and maintain all documentation for shipping including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, certificates of origin, quotes, and invoices.
Control the RFQ process for all shipping to include quote requests, analysis, and award.
Manage vendor relationships.
Maintain thorough understanding of regulation and laws affecting national and international transport as well as knowledge of regulations related to transportation.
Collaborate with managers and within multiple departments to develop and enforce policies, procedures, and objectives for freight and shipping.
· Oversee the coordination and routing of shipments
· Provides top notch customer service ensuring all issues are investigated and resolved
· Negotiates contracts to secure lowest price technically acceptable
· Ensures compliance with administrative policies and procedures
· Obtains multiple quotes for goods to be moved
· Arranges for all transport services to include inland transportation, storage, international shipping, etc.
· Manages cost by combining loads with common destination.
· Maintains documentation
· Communicates shipping status within the organization
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
· High school diploma required; Associate’s or college coursework preferred
· Minimum three years of logistics experience required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
· Strong logistics, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proficient with MS Suite
· Thorough understanding of principles and methods for moving goods
· Thorough understanding of clerical needs, policies, and processes involved in freight transport