Are you a math guru, love to look at spreadsheets and analyze data? Then we may have an opportunity for you! We are looking for a driven, self-motivated, mathematically focused individual, who is ready and willing to learn new things to ultimately become an expert at rating property lines of business.
Who We Are: At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: In this role you will ultimately become an expert at rating property lines of business. Responsibilities include:
- Acquire and examine data from multiple sources, apply actuarial concepts to analyze data, and provide insight with suggested conclusions.
- Provide technical support for developing rate indications, rate pages, and experience reviews.
- Answer questions and correcting issues related to the rating system.
- Learn to identify unusual data or results and recommend solutions.
- Learn actuarial functions, data sources, and insurance concepts.
**Please note, this is not an actuarial track position. Completion of actuarial exams is not necessary**
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree (including coursework in mathematics), or equivalent.
- Must have knowledge and working experience with spreadsheets and be able to apply to actuarial related problems.
- Proven decision making and analytical skills, with the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems.
- Must be a self-starter who is detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Programming experience is beneficial, or a desire and willingness to learn programming, such as VBA, R, or SQL.
- Strong attention to detail is imperative to success.
- A willingness to learn property lines of business.
- Work from our office in West Des Moines, Iowa.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, casual Fridays and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!
If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!