This position is responsible for various accounting duties related to LifeScape Foundation, plays an integral role in annual budget preparation for all LifeScape, ensures adult service contracts are updated and maintained according to schedule, handles multiple general ledger duties such as monthly journal entries, reconciliations of accounts, and preparation of audit schedules, and serves as the department’s Microsoft Excel super user, all in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Prepares daily cash receipts for the foundation and works in conjunction with development staff to ensure entries to fundraising software match accounting records and gift entries are accurately categorized
· Processes weekly check runs for the foundation, making sure invoices are paid by due dates and are coded to correct general ledger accounts, and sales tax is handled appropriately
· Bills foundation rents and loans
· Serves as budget assistant, supporting Senior Accountant and other Finance staff with budget preparation and analysis
· Tracks service contracts for adult services and updates the contracts appropriately and on a timely basis
· Records journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned
· Assists with month-end close
· Prepares or assists in preparing work papers for the annual financial audit
· Functions as the department’s Microsoft Excel super user
· Sorts, summarizes, manipulates, and analyzes large volumes of data using Microsoft Excel
· Performs special projects as assigned
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree in Business or Finance and minimum of 2 years applicable experience required. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skill required.