FOX 6 News is seeking a creative, multi-tasking photojournalist to join our team. WITI was named the NPPA Station Of The Year in 2016 & 2017 and we don’t plan on stopping there. What does that mean? Well we take storytelling to another level here. This isn’t a place with a “someone just tell me what to shoot” mentality. We’re a team-oriented station where photojournalists and reporters work in collaboration to tell the best story every day. We provide equipment that is cutting edge. This includes Sony 320 camera, Go Pros and an army of drones to use once you pass certification. That said, not every day is the same! One day you might be covering the Green Bay Packers, the next you might be working closely with a reporter, live on the scene of a breaking news story, and the next day you’re solo, putting together a Nat sound piece on a topic you found interesting and know will be great for air and online. If you’re passionate and thrive on great storytelling and want to work at a place where hard work, a strong sense of team and creativity is rewarded, this is your place!
· Capture the best sequences, natural sound and moments while collaborating with reporters, producers and managers to produce compelling stories that our viewers will remember.
· Operate ENG Live Trucks /Dejeros and other mobile gear and live equipment.
· Knowledge of lighting techniques for live shots and interviews.
· Creative use of audio as part of your story telling tools.
· Can pitch story ideas that will contribute to the station’s content including ideas for photo driven stories.
· Ability to edit stories with Non-Linear software such as Final Cut X.
· Edit video for publication specific to Internet.
· Open to learning how to write copy, captions or headlines to contribute to our digital platforms.
· A Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
· At least two years of Television News shooting experience, as well as technical knowledge of Non-Linear editing software such as (Final Cut X) and photo equipment (Sony 320 cameras), in the commercial television news industry.
· Must be physically able to lift, carry and handle 30 to 50 pounds of camera gear, and deal with the realities of a Wisconsin winter or summer.
· Position requires driving.
Nexstar Media Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar owns, operates, programs or provides sales and other services to 197 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 115 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). Nexstar’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. Nexstar’s community portal websites offer additional hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content while creating new revenue opportunities. Nexstar also owns WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information please visit www.nexstar.tv. Nexstar Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.