Hotel Administration and Operational Analytics Intern - Summer 2020
Hotel Administration and Operational Analytics Program Intern
The intern position at Endeavor Air will integrate knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional workplace. The intern will utilize analytical and critical thinking skills to complete project based work assignments with an emphasis in Hotel Administration (HA) and Operational Analytics (OAP).
The Endeavor Air HA department consists of one employee (1 program manager) who manages the hotel contracts both for crew while on flight overnights, and other department’s business travel. The HA department also manages the financial approvals and reporting relating to these hotel rooms, as well as handles any feedback from crew or other employees as it relates to concerns or compliments from their hotel stays. HA works closely with our hotel vendor, Accommodations Plus International (API) and also manages relationships with the crew union groups’ (ALPA and AFA) hotel committees.
The Endeavor Air OAP group consists of 5 employee’s (1 manager, 2 senior analysts, and 2 analysts) that produce daily, weekly, monthly reports and provide ad-hoc analysis to any internal customers that request information. Our future plans are to create more automated reports via SAS and Tableau as well as doing more predictive analysis in order to provide more in-depth analysis to our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor and record daily flight delays that occur from reasons faulted to hotel. Work with other departments as necessary to determine the root cause of delays, and work to recode the delays to appropriate department if necessary.
- Monitor feedback submissions from crew through the API My Crew Care portal. Escalate any egregious issues to management. Record and audit all submissions monthly.
- Work as a liaison between management and API to assist in contract creation and/or modification for new hotels or hotel changes. Once contracts are received, audit to ensure content matches negotiation discussions. Create coversheets and present contracts to management for approval and execution.
- Maintain data files of hotel lists, delay tracking, feedback submissions, and contract status.
- Run room usage reports monthly using API’s database (ACES) and distribute to Endeavor’s internal departments as appropriate.
- Attend Summer 2020 quarterly Hotel Committee meeting.
- Create analytical reporting for business managers and above, as requested.
- Computer work, in a typical office environment sitting for the majority of the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist in tracking and reporting of on-time statistics, as well as metrics for man-power planning, crew, maintenance, customer satisfaction and other performance metrics to help the company meet goals and provide a valuable service to its customers.
- Develop data mining queries from system databases and statistical data models for comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly, or ad hoc, status reports for the Director, Operations Analytics and Performance, senior management, and other company departments and employees.
- Create automated processes where applicable for data extraction, report processing, and distribution.
- Provide advanced reporting and analysis on multiple operational metrics to assist management in critical business decisions.
- Perform data analysis and distribution to provide company employees with easy access to essential performance data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree such as Data Analytics, Statistics or Mathematics, or Hospitality/Hotel Management, with a junior or senior class standing as of fall 2019.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, 40 hours per week, during normal business hours, 8:00am to 5:00pm, for 12 to 16 weeks between May and August.
- Ability to work and be based in Minneapolis, MN; relocation assistance is not available.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business environment.
- Above average written and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite platforms will be used.
- Effective organizational, time management, & multi-tasking skills.
- Prior analytical experience (data analysis/reporting) or database management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL preferred but not required.
- Travel as necessary.
- Repetitive motion such as typing.
- Minimal physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of boxes, bags files, and electronic equipment not in excess of 30 lbs.
The Application Process: Candidates must apply through our external portal on our website to be considered. All internship postings close on December 1, 2019 but we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible to receive next steps in the application process. All applicants will be required to complete a one-way video interview. If you are applying for multiple positions you will only need to complete one interview video. Please note, due to high volume of applications, videos will take several weeks to review and you may not hear the status of your application until January 2020.
Thank you for your application and consideration in working with Endeavor Air.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.