Construction Assistant Superintendent
Edward Rose & Sons is aggressively expanding to new areas for the construction of new apartment projects. We are seeking a qualified Construction Assistant Superintendent.
The Superintendents are responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction activities. Candidates must have extensive experience with wood frame construction, hospitality level finishes, and multi-family facilities. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising the construction process from initial development of land through final acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis.
- Originate and maintain schedules for all trades, with assistance from the Superintendent and Project Manager, and be responsible for the contractor’s adherence thereto.
- Hold contractor’s accountable for their performance through straight-forward communications, relating their performance to payment for their services. The company often pays contractor invoices every two weeks, so the Superintendents are given excellent leverage to get contracted work completed.
- Given designs, permits, and construction trade contracts, implementation of managerial oversight, company policies, industry standards, with the construction plans and contracts into a quality product built for longevity.
- Directly inspect each trade's work and approval of their invoicing according to contract payment terms.
- Oversee the quality of construction, and ensure safety on the job site.
- Facilitate weekly subcontractor meetings for planning, scheduling, quality control and safety issues with any scheduled trades.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and supervise a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be an energetic, self-starter with a solid work ethic.
- Attentive to details on both plans and contracts.
- Ability to review and interpret the plans specifications and contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the construction of the project.
- Ability to implement the means and methods of construction associated with 3-story, wood frame construction, along with the function and purpose of the final product.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce OSHA guidelines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Assist the Superintendent as needed and relate to other construction personnel in a polite and professional manner.