Public Relations & Marketing Assistant Account Executive
Are you a strong writer with a sense of purpose and drive? Do you want to be part of a team that builds brands and markets destinations around the world? Do you have 1-2 years of public relations experience? If so, throw your hat in the ring to become an Assistant Account Executive at Development Counsellors International (position is based in Denver, company is headquartered in New York City).
Just a bit more about us - Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire an Assistant Account Executive to join our Economic Development Marketing Practice in Denver. Since 1960, we have worked with more than 500 cities, regions, states and countries, helping them attract both investors and visitors. We specialize exclusively in all phases of economic development and tourism marketing. For more information about DCI - named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” in 2018 - visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is currently seeking an Assistant Account Executive for our Economic Development practice in our Denver office. In this role, the junior publicist’s main objectives are to help generate buzz, market and promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and attraction. S/he will achieve this goal primarily through media relations and placing stories in top-tier print, national and online media. S/he will have a prominent writing and research role, which includes developing story pitches to share with media. S/he will be responsible for cultivating relationships with influential contacts in the press. In addition, the Assistant Account Executive will monitor media coverage and be responsible for writing activity reports.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, creative, high-achieving marketing professional who is a strong writer, has a track record working with the media and thrives in a fast-paced working environment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of PR experience required; prior agency experience preferred
- Strong writing capabilities
- Strong media relations and marketing skills across a variety of industries
- Solid track record of placing articles in top-tier and trade media on behalf of clients
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic, creative thinker who can develop and execute integrated PR and marketing programs
- Ability to balance multiple clients, work on tight deadlines and have a drive for hitting goals
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel
- Experience in digital marketing and social media is a plus
- BA/BS required
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible start times and summer hours program
- 401k match
- Creative, healthy, collaborative culture in Denver’s lower-highlands neighborhood
To Apply: Place AAE Denver in the subject line and email your resume + cover lever describing why you are a good fit to Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org