Client Development Manager
Are you a recent college graduate who is smart, articulate, and have not been indoctrinated with robotic, boring sales habits? Then read on!
VerticalXchange is looking for a fresh sales team member, someone who hasn’t been working the sales grind for a long time. Don’t worry if you don’t come with a long list of sales experience. We’d prefer an intelligent, earnest blank slate who comes ready to work and to learn.
We call this job “client development manager” because at VerticalXchange, sales are never one-time deals: every member of our team is a consultative salesperson whose job is to help our clients identify and solve problems and to build long-term partnership.
Partnership is the key word here. You won’t be making a quick sale and then passing your client on to an account manager. You’ll also be doing a lot more than explaining product features and benefits. The VerticalXchange value proposition is conceptual, and you’ll be talking to the senior management at leading companies in a variety of markets.
Does that sound like a fun challenge to you? We’d like to talk.
VerticalXchange offers our partners a proprietary, research-based “connector model” that makes it possible for senior executives across multiple industries to form game-changing partnerships with new strategic solution providers who are aligned with their business model, culture and unique success criteria.
The outbound sales executive will be based in our Eagan, MN headquarters and report directly to the director of sales. Primary duties of this role will be to
- Primarily using phone calls, reach senior-level decision makers to engage them in a consultative discussion.
- Meet or exceed goals for recruitment and securing contracts; be the primary contributor.
- Articulate and advocate for the VX model.
- Develop a deep understanding of how the specific industry you serve functions.
- Have an intellectual curiosity about innovation and technology advancements in the industry you are serving.
- Consistently forecast and achieve quarterly growth targets with a high degree of accuracy.
- Design and implement account- and territory-based sales strategies capable of exploiting current and new market opportunities.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting relationships with valued customers and partners.
- 0-2 years of consultative sales experience that have sold B2B services or conceptual service offerings into midsize and large businesses.
- Verifiable history of accountability, perseverance, and growth in dynamic business environments.
- Demonstrated ability to support, lead and close sales deals credibly and effectively.
- Strong organizational and reporting skills, with the curiosity of a lifelong learner.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage CRM and other sales productivity tools.
- Ability to travel into regional territories across the country (less than 20% overnight).
To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A compensation package that includes a competitive base salary of $50,000 - $65,000 based upon experience, plus commission and bonuses.
- An industry-leading onboarding and sales development program delivered by an accomplished leadership team dedicated to your personal success.
- A rich benefits package including, medical, dental, life, disability, 401K with matching, and a highly collaborative and autonomous work environment.
We are committed to hiring and developing the best sales team in our industry. To be considered for this position you must complete an online questionnaire, which will be emailed to you upon receipt of your resume. Please send you resume and any additional supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.