Sales and Consulting Intern( New York City)
USI Insurance Services (USI) is looking for talented and motivated undergraduates to join our insurance brokerage sales and consulting teams for a unique and exciting sales internship experience. If selected, you’ll collaborate with sales and account management professionals in one of the following areas of the business; personal risk, employee benefits, and commercial small or middle – market. The experience will expose you to diverse aspects of the insurance business. The 10 - week program is hosted in major cities throughout the United States.
As an intern, you’ll receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through hands-on assignments, projects, and case studies by working alongside team members who are experts in their fields.
What you’ll do
- Participate in USI’s consultative sales training and gain valuable insight into what a career as a producer looks like at USI
- Research assignments, sales pipeline development, and prospect engagement assignments
- Attend sales, client, and prospect meetings
- Participate in training opportunities, insurance skill development, and role playing to expand your knowledge of the insurance brokerage business under guidance from experts in their fields
- Shadow team members from different departments and explore all facets of the organization
- Earn an opportunity to be considered at the end of the program for a full-time position
What we offer
- Paid internship program that runs from June 1 through August 7, 2020 (10 weeks)
- Hands-on experience developing and executing creative ideas and concepts for a growing organization
- Mentorship and coaching from experts in their field
- The opportunity to participate in company and industry networking events
- Interactive group projects to enhance the future of the USI internship program
Who we are
Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers. USI is one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the world, delivering property and casualty, employee benefits, personal risk and retirement solutions to large risk management clients, middle market companies, smaller firms and individuals. USI connects together over 7,000 industry-leading professionals across more than 200 offices to serve clients’ local, national and international needs. USI has become a premier insurance brokerage and consulting firm by leveraging the USI ONE Advantage®, an interactive platform that integrates proprietary and innovative client solutions, networked local resources and enterprise-wide collaboration to deliver customized results with positive, bottom line impact. USI attracts
best-in-class industry talent with a long history of deep and continuing investment in our local communities.