The Council on Foreign Relations’ DC location is located just one block from the White House. It is home to a state-of-the-art conference center and is used for several hundred meetings, including rental events, each year.
The Event Assistant will provide administrative support to the Event Management team in both the New York and Washington, DC office, this position will be based in the Washington, DC office. This position is an excellent introduction to a career in event and meeting planning.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with managing the electronic events calendar to schedule CFR and rental events while working closely with the Event Management team to ensure availability of event space and event staff.
• Provide administrative support to the Events Management team in both cities through assisting with inventory control, processing bills, ordering supplies, running reports and drafting client documents.
• Provide support to the Facility and Event Operations department by managing all small conference room meeting setups such as connecting videoconferences, and ensuring rooms are tidy, presentable and set to specifications detailed by the event lead.
• Assist in the planning and execution of CFR and rental events. This includes partnering with event stakeholders (facilities and audio visual staff), and working closely with event leads on managing catering orders, room set ups, audio visual requests to ensure a successful event.
• Handle routine office functions such as maintaining the appearance of conference space and ensuring proper operation of equipment.
• Bachelor’s Degree; hospitality, event management, communications or marketing preferred.
• 1 year professional office experience; event, customer service or hospitality experience preferred.
• Strong interest in meetings and events.
• Exceptional attention to detail, professional demeanor, and communication and problem solving skills.
• Experience in handling and prioritizing multiple tasks and excellent time management skills.
• Availability to work flexible hours, including early mornings and late evenings.
• Ability to lift equipment and furniture.