Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, our mid-size Public Relations & Marketing agency has represented more than 500 places helping them to attract investors, visitors and talent.
Job Description: We’re looking for a finance intern to work 25-30 hours/week in our NYC headquarters for the Spring semester (Jan – May). The ideal candidate will be a currently enrolled Senior or recent graduate student studying finance or accounting. The finance intern will report to the Accounting Manager and will support the team in day-to-day financial operations, business management and preparation of financial reports. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fun and creative environment with strong values (https://aboutdci.com/our-values/). The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and execute tasks independently.
- Pursuing a finance or accounting degree
- Advanced Excel skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Prior internships or leadership experience at school
· Assist with monthly client billing – print expense reports, compile back-up receipts for billing packages, create detailed excel sheets of all billing items by client
· Assist with monthly general ledger account reconciliations
· Input vouchers in finance system and maintain accounts payable vouchers for Canada office
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
· Filing financial records
· Assist the Director of Operations with Ad hoc projects as necessary. This may require going to the post office, Fedex, packing boxes with conference materials, creating briefing books.
In addition, our Interns have plenty of opportunities to participate in perks like in-office yoga, happy hours and periodic free lunches.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “finance Intern” in the subject line.
This internship offers college credits and pays minimum wage at $15/hr.