Virtual Social Media Marketing Spring Semester Internship - Sports Technology
About this Job
Virtual Social Media Marketing Internship
Sports Thread, the first and only free social networking platform designed specifically for athletes to allow them to network to get to the next level – Think LinkedIn for sports. Sports Thread launched its platform 2 years ago and has since partnered with 50 of the leading youth sports organizations in all sports for a total of over 900 thousand athletes who are coming onto the platform. Sports Thread is projected to have well over 1 million athletes on the platform by the end of 2019.
Sports Thread seeks talented individuals who have a passion for collegiate athletics and an interest in social media marketing. Social media has become a highly dynamic tool for Sports Thread’s growth. Interns will learn the fundamentals of how businesses use various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc. for business development, advertising and brand recognition all conducted remotely. Additionally, interns will participate in a semester long course on social media marketing where they will implement social media techniques in real-life scenarios. The internship is unpaid and can be taken either for class credit or work experience.
Interns will develop the following skills:
• Recognize social media trends.
• Effective content marketing and implementation.
• Developing social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. for business growth and to reach target market segments.
· Organic and paid social media growth.
• Understanding the methods behind growing a following on various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Increasing and expanding brand awareness.
• Implementing social media strategies, learning & implementing Hootsuite’s platform.
• Monitoring and analyzing social media data to reach essential business goals.
• SEO and its significance, social media marketing and business development.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic collegiate students.
• An interest in social media, social media marketing and business development.
• A passion for using social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills.
• Highly organized individuals.
The internship will be conducted on a semester or quarterly basis (depending on the school). Interns are expected to dedicate 3-6 hours a week for tasks assigned by Sports Thread. The internship is an independent study program and will be performed on the intern’s own schedule throughout the week.
Sports Thread is happy to provide necessary documentation to receive course credit for our internship. Requirements vary for each institution; it is the intern's responsibility to determine if this internship will count for credit at your school.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on Handshake or Email email@example.com to submit your resume.
(Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit)
**IF this internship does not interest you - please check out the Sales Development Internship