Finance Leadership Development Program Summer Intern
What you’ll be doing...
As part of the Finance organization, you will help some of the world’s biggest enterprises do business smarter. Joining a dynamic team that collaborates and provides solutions - you'll be doing more than just working the numbers. Whether in Accounting, Financial Operations, or Planning and Analysis, we aim to make life easier for our customers. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects during this 9 week experience that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your accounting and finance knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Gain knowledge of daily business operations.
- Attend learning programs and training sessions.
- Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
- Manage your projects while constantly being challenged to generate smart solutions.
- Prepare yourself to become a future leader in our Finance organization.
What we’re looking for...
- Students who are interested in a career track that will lead to ongoing professional development. Excelling in this internship, you may have the opportunity to be invited back for a second summer rotation in 2021. Successful completion of two consecutive summer internships could lead to a full-time opportunity within our Finance Leadership Development Program
- You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Economics, Business with IT/Computer Science, Statistics or Math at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2021 and June 2022 OR current enrollment in a Master’s degree program in Accounting at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date completion date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills for business success, including project management, problem-solving and the ability to diagnose and meet business demands.
- Experience with Digital Tools, including but not limited to areas such as Robotics (RPA), Cognitive Computing (NLP/NLG), Analytics (Python, R), Visualization (Tableau, Qlik) and Blockchain.
- High proficiency in G Suite or MS Office Suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.