Finance Operations Intern
What you’ll be doing...
This internship position, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of the internship experience.
You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Finance Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your accounting and finance knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Use your skills in impactful projects, meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Gain knowledge of daily business operations.
- Attend learning programs and training sessions.
- Participate in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
- Manage your projects while constantly being challenged to generate smart solutions.
As a Finance Operations Summer Intern, you may work in these areas:
- Billing Integrity
- Revenue Assurance
- Fraud Prevention
- Credit Analysis
- Payment Management and Controls
- Collections Strategies
- Commission Processing
- Payroll Operations
- Accounts Payable
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Economics, Business IT, Statistics, or Math at an accredited college or university with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2021.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Experience with Digital Tools, including but not limited to areas such as Robotics (RPA), Cognitive Computing (NLP/NLG), Analytics (Python, R), Visualization (Tableau, Qlik) and Blockchain.
- Proficiency in G Suite or MS Office Suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.