Supply Chain Intern
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be front and center, hands-on, contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the Supply Chain Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and improve your knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Work side by side with Supply Chain Program Managers to champion, develop, manage and drive key relationships that are critical to the success of our business and impact our enterprise-wide customer base.
- Gain exposure in key areas such as principles of enterprise requirements, business objective prioritization, proposal review, supplier negotiations and inventory optimization/processes.
- Work in cross-functional teams.
- Gain an understanding of how we deliver innovative solutions to businesses and people across the world.
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Sourcing/Contract Management
- Category Management
Basking Ridge, NJ
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain or a directly related area such as Data Analytics, Operations Management, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2021.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
Even better if you have:
- Previous internship or work experience in one or more of the following: Logistics, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Analytics & Data Science, or Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.