Human Resources Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): Basking Ridge, NJ
You will learn from dedicated professionals across Verizon as you develop a strong foundation of skills to create a positive impact on our Human Resources organization. Working closely with our business leaders and our employees; you’ll be part of an exciting internship program. Our Human Resources team is committed to partnering with our business leaders to shape our talent strategy in order to deliver business impacts. What you learn will help you grow professionally and personally.
You will focus on developing your business, technical and leadership skills in areas such as: HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, HR Analytics, Diversity and Talent Management, Compensation, and Benefits.
Experience opportunities to use your skills in impactful projects
Network with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
Constantly be challenged to generate smart solutions to business problems.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Master’s degree program in Human Resources, Labor Relations or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2021.
Even better if you have:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Previous internship in human resources and/or interest in pursuing a career in human resources.
- Coursework or previous internship experience in the following: data analytics, organizational design, human resources management, leadership and change management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience through personal or professional programs/organizations.
- Experience leading and collaborating with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and meet deadlines.
- Great verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.