Verizon Partner Solutions - Marketing Intern
What you’ll be doing...
Location(s): Basking Ridge, NJ
You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10 week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects as a Marketing Intern within the Verizon Partner Solutions Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. You'll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a chance to enhance your marketing knowledge in an environment that’s dedicated to industry superiority. The primary area of responsibility for this intern position will be analyzing data to explain customer behavior.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Use a combination of marketing and data analytics to quickly process data to detect market trends and customer behavior.
- Work with Marketing and Sales teams that analyze customer data and pricing to develop business cases for complex commercial agreements.
- Conduct market research by taking direction from Marketing and Sales management teams to research industry news and trends.
- Complete various research projects to derive market trends.
- Assist in development of custom/bundled solutions to support the wholesale business strategy of growing top line revenue and meeting customer requirements.
- Analyze customer data and pricing, develop business cases for financial review custom solutions that incent customer behavior (for example, total spend plans, tiered discount offers, and strategic growth plans).
- Assist the Marketing Communications Team to enable sales teams by creating effective customer communications, marketing tactics, and social media.
What we’re looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program focusing on Marketing, Finance, Business, or a related major with an expected completion date between December 2020 and June 2022.
Even better if you have:
- Previous related internship or work experience in one or more of the following: Marketing, Telecommunications Sales, or Finance.
- Experience with or knowledge of marketing solutions and/or high tech products and services into the business segments.
- Ability to assist in the development of comprehensive marketing communication plans and promotions.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Comfortable using and navigating G-suite.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.