Business Transformation & Strategy
The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the "Pay-It-Forward Project" – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
In this role you will:
- Focus on fundamentally changing the systems, processes, people and technology across a whole business or business unit, to achieve measurable improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Focus on Customer Experience and Digital Experience activities.
- Learn and utilize improvement methodologies to drive improvements that leverage best practices.
- Reengineer business process and conduct necessary support activities.
- Benchmark operational process against external market and determine best solution for WPS.
- Seek out external information, assess how changes will impact business, and make recommendations that are best for WPS both, strategically and tactically.
- Assist with overall implementation project plans, schedules, resource plans priorities, and dependencies for business project efforts.
- Conduct statistical and financial analyses to support operational improvement efforts.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Energized by a team that is changing the way we do work in our Health Insurance line of business!
- Seek to understand what drives customer behavior and delights them!
- A data-driven problem solver and independent thinker!
- Like to work hard and get stuff done while having fun!
- Eat, live, and breathe process improvements!
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Being part of a dynamic line of business that is going through exciting change!
- Focusing on key projects and data to enhance customer experience!
- Working in a great team environment!
- Having a role in creating our data strategy!
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families!
You need to have:
- Completed your sophomore year studies in your undergraduate degree
- Plans to continue with your undergraduate degree and/or pursue graduate degree
- An ability to see operational processes through the lens of a customer
- Motivated to make things better
- A comfort level working in a complex environment
We also prefer:
- Someone who is studying consumer behavior, research, engineering, statistics, operations, business, economics, finance or other closely related program
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven &
Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts