Business Development Partner
VizSense is a new kind of consumer intelligence and micro influencer marketing company that is breaking the mold with our approach to data science enabled micro-influencer campaigns! We put our employees first, and have a world-class team dedicated to delivering our clients best-in-class micro-influencer campaigns and services. Some of the keys to our success include: relentless dedication to continuous improvement of our employees education and training, dedication to staying ahead of conventional technologies, and a commitment to delivering complete solutions backed by data.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Partner to identify, cultivate and harvest new business opportunities with brands and agencies within the U.S. You will work closely with our CEO to establish sales performance metrics and develop a sales plan that supports corporate objectives. This role will be held accountable for sales goals and sales performance across new verticals covering new and recurring clients.
The ideal candidate is an intelligent hunter, who has an existing reputation for delivering quality technology services and has an equally responsive network. This Business Development Partner must be equally comfortable building and delivering an exquisite pitch presentation and managing a large pipeline of incoming leads in a systematic sales framework. Equal parts salesperson and strategist, our Business Development Partner is our clients’ first impression of VizSense and must be confident, intelligent, persuasive, and extremely personable.
You will interact with the world’s leading brands and retailers and be responsible for driving sales. You will be responsible for evangelizing VizSense and have the tremendous opportunity to generate new business opportunities to drive the growth and success of our company, as well as work with a team of experienced leaders and doers.
December 1, 2019
What we’re looking for in a Business Development Partner
- Bachelor’s degree; Minimum of 5 years of selling experience in the Advertising/Marketing/Influencer space required, particularly working with clients and developing new business (you should come with a strong network).
- A natural problem solver with a creative and fearless approach to solving and helping clients with their campaign strategies. Must be resilient and have an attitude that is forward-leaning and positive.
- Capable of creating and maintaining the full sales funnel and using data to glean additional insights into clients’ decisions.
- Enthusiasm for developing and maintaining relationships with multiple decision makers within an organization.
- Experience leading a consultative sales process; including a track record in developing trusted relationships with C-level executives.
- Relevant experience across key social media properties: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- Understanding of a client’s marketing goals/KPIs and ability to advise them on how to build a successful influencer marketing program for achieving their goals.
- Key Performance Indicators: Revenue Growth from Existing Clients, Signed Additional Clients, Diversity of Client Portfolio
Essential job responsibilities
- Approach each client in a consultative manner, working to understand your clients’ business challenges and effectively tailoring custom solutions.
- Build strong, sustainable relationships; manage each partner effectively to increase revenue and identify opportunities to cross- and up-sell.
- Identify and engage with prospective clients over email/phone and in-person, understanding their needs, and how VizSense fits their needs.
- Manage all facets of the sales process from pre-sale to close, including ongoing sales consultation and upsells.
- Negotiate and close contracts, services and agreements with clients and educate them on the full capabilities of VizSense’s services.
- Research, contract, negotiate, and close new partnerships; ensure each deal is consistent with VizSense’s business strategy, there will be targets associated with new business directly attributed to your efforts.
- Responsible for initiating communication with possible partners and making/evaluating new contacts within brands.
About the location
Our team is concentrated at the Dallas HQ office in Deep Ellum. You will be based remotely.
What’s in it for you?
This role offers a great opportunity to showcase your abilities. Here you will have a platform to share your ideas and influence our company's marketing strategies. This is not your "typical" job.
VizSense offers meaningful, hands-on learning opportunities for employees to work and engage in a variety of product innovation and brand strategy initiatives. Your ideas are encouraged and valued!
People Manager: No
Job Level: Experienced (Min 5 years)
Travel Required: At least 50%, as required; this position requires consistent travel
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.