Aon Campus - Risk Summer Internship (Houston & Dallas)
Aon is looking for Summer 2020 Risk Interns in Dallas & Houston!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as a part of our US Retail Business group within Aon Risk solutions. This role is available in multiple office locations nationwide.
Your Impact As An Aon Risk Solutions Intern
Interns within Aon Risk Solutions will gain valuable experience assisting Account Executives on assigned accounts. Interns will reside with our General Industry, Financial or Professional Services or Brokerage groups.
· 10 Week Paid Program
· Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
· Weekly Global Roundtables with Aon Business Leader
· One on One Internship Mentoring
· Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
· Planned Social Outings
· Community Service Activity
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
· The ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
· Client and business results oriented focus
· Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
· Critical and innovative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Desire to learn and display Aon’s values including acting with integrity and displaying a client, colleague and community commitment.
· Adaptability – quick learner
· Mature and professional demeanor
· Positive attitude
· Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Education: Pursuing Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Insurance or a related degree.
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be rising seniors, graduating between December 2020 to June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Business Internship Program
Aon’s Business Internship Program provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips interns with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
Development Plan. This provides interns:
· An understanding of the basic functions and types of clients within Aon’s businesses
· An understanding of Aon’s ethical standardsTraining geared toward enabling interns to demonstrate an ability to work in a professional business environment
· Opportunities to network with fellow peers, Aon colleagues and executive leadership at program social events and interactive speaker forums
· Opportunities to learn and utilize Aon’s internal systems
· Opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills through many networking events
· An Opportunity to Explore Post Graduation Career Path Opportunities
The goal of the Business Internship Program is to give students significant exposure to Aon through project deliverables, continuing education and a training curriculum. The program also provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and prepare for post‐ graduate career opportunities at Aon. Upon successful completion of the Business Internship Program, highly qualified interns may be offered post-graduation full‐ time positions within the Launch Program, Aon’s Early Career Development Program.