The Internship Program, at WPS Health Solutions, provides students with real-work experience that will enable you to put everything you’ve learned into action. Our goal is to provide you with skills that can be applied to your future careers.
WPS Health Solutions’ Audit team is looking for interns to join our internship program based at our Omaha, Nebraska office. The primary duty of this role is to review cost reports, and determine if the report is deemed acceptable based on the criteria provided. The Audit interns will start on May 18, 2020 with an end date in August 2020.
In this role you will:
- Review cost reports and determine if the report is deemed acceptable based on the criteria provided
- Learn how to utilize internal Medicare software and Microsoft Excel reports to process reviews of cost reports
- Collaborate on the “Pay-It-Forward Project” – the development of a resource to be utilized for future internship program participants
- Learn about corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes
- Participate in a final presentation for senior executives and managers by showcasing your experience in the program and functional areas
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Are interested in exploring the field of audit
- Are comfortable utilizing new software and applications with the proper training and guidance
- Have strong attention to detail
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Gaining many lifelong relationships with WPS professionals
- Learning what it is like to work in a corporate environment
You need to have:
- Currently pursuing a degree in higher education or recent graduate of higher education
Chontel Thompson, Cost Report Audit Supervisor
Kristi Rohrich, Cost Report Audit Supervisor
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts