TV GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REPORTER
WCBI-TV has an immediate opening for a General Assignment Reporter/Videographer. Experience requirements include a Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field and experience in television news is preferred. (It would be helpful if you are familiar with ENPS.)
– Shoot and edit using non-linear cameras and editors.
– Provide story ideas during editorial meetings
– Be proficient in all platforms, including web entries and social media.
– Manage time effectively to meet daily deadlines.
– A strong sense of creative inputis a must.
– Able to work closely with sales and production.
– Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends and overtime as needed.
– Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
– Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
– Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
– Must have a valid driver license and good driving record.
– Punctual and able to effectively communicate with co-workers.
– Be courteous.
– Be respectful of station property and the property of co-workers.
– Keep work area organized.
– Attend station meetings that encourage career advancements/communication (consultant visits, staff meetings, etc.)
Education: Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field if you have no experience.
Additional Information: EOE
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send links to email@example.com
Send cover letter and resume to:
Robert Davidson, News Director
PO BOX 271
Columbus, MS 39703>
NO PHONE CALLS