Winter 2019/Spring 2020 Music Licensing Intern (FOR CREDIT ONLY)
Title: Winter 2019/Spring 2020 Music Licensing Intern (FOR CREDIT ONLY)
Location: New York, NY
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 500 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows annually for nearly 4,000 artists in 40 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 1,000 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the over 90 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Live Nation Entertainment’s Media & Sponsorship Division is seeking a Music Licensing Intern. Every time a piece of music is used or “synced” within a video, a TV show, a movie, a commercial, or almost any other kind of visual media, a license must be obtained. Music Licensing, or “Sync”, is a fast-growing sector of the music industry at large, as music choices become increasingly integral to every piece of media we consume, and sync licenses have become an important revenue stream for many artists. Live Nation produces a high volume of video content for its own platforms and for many of our brand partners. The Artist Rights team oversees all of the creative music supervision and license negotiation for those projects. The Music Licensing Intern will report to LN’s Senior Manager of Music Licensing.
Live Nation Media & Sponsorship architects, sells and manages the company’s national corporate sponsorship programs with the world’s most recognizable brands. It is an exciting, fast-paced team that collaborates with all facets of Live Nation’s business including venues, festivals, ticketing, artists, content, media (digital, social, mobile), promotions, and concert production. To learn more about our division, check out: https://livenationforbrands.com/.
Areas you will be learning about:
- The ins and outs of music licensing; the many scenarios in which a license must be obtained in order to use a piece of music, and all of the rights that must be cleared for a single license
- How to research rights for songs
- What fees are appropriate for different licensing scenarios
- How to negotiate licenses
- How music licensing elevates content and helps brands & creators to connect to their audiences
- The role of companies that work closely with artists (like Live Nation), within the Music Licensing ecosystem; how Live Nation interfaces with Record Labels and Music Publishers
- The importance of Sync licensing opportunities for artists
- How to sort and tag audio assets for licensing
- How to listen closely to music for specific creative licensing needs
- Discovering new music to consider for music supervision projects for brand partners
- How to keep track of rightsholder information, paperwork, and the many different moving parts that go into a single license
- Passion for, and a knowledge of music
- Extreme attention to detail and organized working style
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in a career in music licensing, supervision, and/or music publishing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with audio software such as iTunes
- Ability to understand the sensitivity of confidential information
- Prior experience in Music Licensing, and/or a prior internship in the music industry is preferred but not required. Other relevant fields of prior experience may include Advertising, Film/TV production, or Entertainment Law.
This internship is for college credit and runs from the general Winter 2019 and/or Spring 2020 semester. It is a non-paid internship with flexible hours to reflect the need of your college credit requirements.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at through the external application link on Handshake to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.