Research Analyst/Resource Manager
MDRC is a leading social and education policy research organization that focuses on improving the well-being of low-income populations. We are seeking a Resource Manager to join our Policy Research and Evaluation Department in the Low-Wage Workers and Communities policy area and the Center for Data Insights. As a Resource Manager, you will have the unusual opportunity to work as part of multidisciplinary teams on management and research in a dynamic and challenging environment.
The Resource Manager will focus on a range of management and organizational tasks related to specific projects and will contribute to the organization’s substantive research and evaluation work. The Resource Manager will report directly to the Policy Area Resource Manager and project directors and will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Support policy area resource management with the day-to-day management of the policy area and projects.
- Support efforts to monitor and coordinate policy area staffing needs and deployment strategies.
- Monitor and/or revise on-going project work plans, staffing levels of effort, budgets, and expenditures.
- Work with project directors to develop new project work plans, staffing levels of effort, and proposal budgets.
- Supervise, coordinate, and assist with the development of proposals and work plans.
- Participate in substantive and management planning meetings and reviews.
- Coordinate and prepare management and status reports for policy area directors and senior executives.
- Collaborate with staff from various departments, including development, fiscal, and legal.
- Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of project management tools and standards.
- Serve as a member of project teams involved in one or more aspects of site development, data collection, or analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, public administration, public policy, social science, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Project management, budget development, and contract management work experience preferred.
- Experience working on research and program evaluation projects preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in social policy research.
- Understanding of research and evaluation processes.
- Strong management, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
On-the-job training is provided; salary contingent upon experience. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
MDRC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. MDRC does not discriminate, and all qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race; color; national origin; religion; creed; sex or gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression); sexual orientation; citizenship status; pregnancy; disability; age; military or veteran status; marital or partnership status; genetic information, genetic predisposition, or carrier status; prior unemployment status; consumer credit history; status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offenses, or stalking; or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Legal work authorization is required.