Associate, Coaching Education Internship
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
U.S. Soccer internships, referred to as Associates, are full-time, 5-6 month paid opportunities making an impact in the world of soccer. Associate positions are offered on a Spring and Fall seasonal cadence and are offered in a number of departments across the Federation. Join the Associate Program and contribute towards making soccer the preeminent sport in the United States!
Spring | January 6, 2020 – July 12, 2020
Fall | July 13, 2020 – December 18, 2020
All applicants will be given a chance to indicate which season(s) they are most interested in through the application process.
The Coaching Education Associate will be responsible for supporting the technical, administrative and operational aspects of the U.S. Soccer’s Coaching Education Program at the National Development Center (NDC). The position is administrative in nature, but also requires a strong understanding of soccer and a familiarity with coaching. For information on the department visit http://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education. This position is also responsible for exhibiting a high-degree of professionalism, maintaining a customer service mentality and communicating consistently and transparently with membership. The person selected for this role may be required to work non-traditional hours based on course/workshop/event scheduling.
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating NDC coaching courses and workshops
- Work closely with coordinators, instructors and NDC staff to create and manage weekly schedules
- Assist with the scheduling of local youth teams for the coaching course demo players
- Supervise the department’s customer service program, which includes monitoring the department’s general email account and responding to phone calls
- Support with drafting department press releases and social media accounts
- Contribute to the execution of specific projects and operations, as requested
- Provide ad hoc front desk reception coverage support
- Have or working towards a Bachelor's degree in Sports Administration/Management, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline
- Outstanding organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must be a team player
- Dedication to the highest level of standards and excellence
- Able to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe programs
- A proficient knowledge of Spanish-language skills is a plus
- Passion for soccer as demonstrated by a playing or coaching background
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills