Human Resources Summer Intern
Leading professionals around the world often find themselves in situations where they don’t have the knowledge they need to confidently make decisions and move forward. That’s when they turn to AlphaSights. Our people bring commercial instincts, business acumen, and a whatever-it-takes mentality to every project to truly understand our clients’ unique questions and identify the precise experts who can offer valuable insights. With a better understanding of the world than they had before engaging AlphaSights, our clients accelerate their progress. They harness newfound insights and knowledge to identify, assess, and execute on opportunities ahead of the competition.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights employs 500+ professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. For more information, visit alphasights.com.
AlphaSights is looking for an ambitious and thoughtful Human Resources Intern. You will be part of a global team, and you will have an impact on all phases of the talent lifecycle. Human Resources is dedicated to raising the standard of professionalism at AlphaSights and increasing employee satisfaction and engagement, and this role is a proactive and visible part of the team. You will work with the Manager of Human Resources to support the needs of AlphaSights' most valuable resource: its people. A successful candidate will be excited about doing whatever it takes to enable coworkers.
- Act as the primary point of contact for day-to-day HR questions from our summer interns
- Maintain company HRIS with accurate and up-to-date employee records
- Contribute to monthly payroll inputs and reconcile vendor bills with payroll deductions
- Assist with visa processes to enable our global mobility strategy in an increasingly complex immigration environment
- Audit company records for accuracy and completeness
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed, often to enable leadership decision-making
- Take ownership of specific projects or initiatives as directed by the HR Manager
- Collaborate with the global HR team to roll out coordinated initiatives
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to build trust in the organization and the Human Resources function
What We Look For:
- Internship Dates: May 2020 - August 2020
- Enrolled in a degree program in a talent-related field (HR, I/O Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or similar); Master’s program candidate preferred
- Previous work experience in a talent-related function preferred
- Fluency in English required
- To be successful in this role, you should display:
- Career maturity and alignment: clarity of direction, commitment to getting there, and awareness of how HR at AlphaSights fits with your journey
- Rigorous attention to detail: ability to execute on numerous workstreams within the same timeframe
- People-oriented, emotionally intelligent team player: ability to de-escalate situations patiently and effectively
- High degree of professionalism and integrity