Certified Medical Assistant
Prelude Behavioral Services is a CARF accredited organization that provides residential substance abuse treatment to adults in the Iowa City area. We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant to provide support to our health care providers and patients.
The Medical Assistant:
- Records patient information such as vital signs, COWS, reason for seeking care, and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Assists the medical provider with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care; results of labs, diet/exercise, laboratory preparation, treatment expectations
- Supports patient care delivery by assisting medical provider during patient examination and treatment, including processing medical billing, collection of specimens including urine and blood, and administration of medications and injections
- Answers telephone calls from patients, pharmacies, laboratories, and insurance carriers
- Follows prescription refill procedures
- Cleans and prepares office for patient appointment
- Maintains accurate and current medical records
- Ensures timely authorizations are submitted for patient medications and/or appointments with applicable third-party payors
- Maintains adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt
- Provides CPR and First Aid training to Prelude employees
Candidates must be a Certified Medical Assistant or LPN. Two years of related experience in the area of behavioral health is preferred. The schedule for this position is Monday-Thursday 9a-6p and Friday 8a-5p with 1-hour lunch per day.
Salary and Benefits
Prelude offers a competitive compensation, PTO and benefits package; including a 401(k) with a company match.
If you are interested in the opportunity to have an impact on the adults we serve and to play an integral role in ensuring a positive recovery experience for our patients, we invite you to apply.
Prelude Behavioral Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabilities