The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Ex Libris Group, a ProQuest Company, is a leading provider of library automation solutions to university, college, and research libraries worldwide. We offer the only comprehensive product suite for the discovery, management, and distribution of all materials—print, electronic and digital.
What will I be doing?
As a Support Analyst you will provide Alma Tier 2 product support to Ex Libris customers by logging, documenting, troubleshooting and resolving questions and problems related to the Unified Resource Management System, Alma. This position will allow you the opportunity to interface with top university and research librarians around the world. We are looking for a motivated, library professional with a strong background in library technologies/technical support.
In this position, you will also…
- Provide proactive and seamless customer support.
- Train customers on products as needed and attend customer conferences and meetings as directed.
- Visit customer sites as needed and perform care calls to maintain a high level of engagement.
- Work with members of the Support Team as well as other internal stakeholders to troubleshoot support incidents, answer questions and produce project deliverables.
- Partner with the Development Team by keeping abreast of customer issues and meetings, reporting any product bugs, coordinating and facilitating customer feedback for urgent issues and monitoring new release issues.
- Manage personal queue of support incidents according to response level guidelines and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide occasional on-call support as needed.
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ related client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with library workflow tools such as OPACs, discovery layers, academic research tools and other bibliographic records systems.
- Experience with tools/services such as Salesforce, Atlassian, Webex and other relevant support systems.
- Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, debugging others/own code, etc.)
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, web proxy, IP addresses.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with troubleshooting in UNIX systems and/or Oracle databases.
- Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services.
It would be awesome if you also had…
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Database SQL languages such as Oracle.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with information services
- Previous experience with SQL and XML.
- Working knowledge of library processes such as acquisitions, circulation and resource management.
- Previous experience cataloging MARC records.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL and is not appropriate for remote work.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code.
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in providing excellent customer service in a collaborative environment, please consider joining our talented team!
#LI - KB
#LI - EXLIBRIS