Project Management Internship
Job Description Summary
This internship will be in Cedar Rapids, IA and will run from either May 18 or June 1, 2020 until August 14, 2020. Students must be actively pursuing a degree from a college or university and must not graduate until after the competition of their internship.
What You Will Do:
Assist with tracking and managing risks for each program; notify Program Managers of identified risks.
- Assist with oversight of budget and capacity tracking.
- Identify and track program level milestones.
- Create presentations for delivery to executive sponsors, business and technical leads.
- Coordinate cross-program discussions and facilitate meetings; identify information to be shared, and plan and prepare meeting agendas.
- Make recommendations on process improvements
- Special assignments as identified
- Working collaboratively with other interns, analysts, and other support staff
- What You Will Learn:
- Understand how project work enables the business strategy of organization
- Key project manager skills and qualities
- View of multiple functions within an organization
What Success Looks Like:
As part of a team, works in partnership with Program Managers to facilitate the successful delivery of company programs. Responsible for supporting teams on our complex projects.
- Applicants must be students actively pursuing a degree from a college or university, preferably in Management, Marketing, Communications, Project Management, or other related fields. Applicants must not graduate prior to completing their internship.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate information and interact with a wide range of business groups.
- Analytics skills to monitor and manage risks.
- Attention to detail to track budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Excel). Ability to tell a story via PowerPoint and run pivot tables in Excel.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, yet independently on projects.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Office environment
- Fast-paced work environment
- Due to the nature of the role, work outside of normal business hours may be required as needed