Finance and Accounting Intern - Summer 2020
Finance and Accounting Intern
The Intern position at Endeavor Air will integrate knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional workplace. The Intern will utilize analytical and critical thinking skills to complete project based work assignments with an emphasis in Finance and Accounting.
At Endeavor the Finance & Accounting Department is responsible for: overseeing Endeavor’s operational budgets and forecast, long-term business plan, capital plan and financial analysis, overseeing financial reporting and performing essential duties related to payroll. Finance acts as a business partner, working closely with each business unit to provide financial and strategic support.
- Performs entry-level professional work, gradually increasing in level of difficulty and responsibility as the intern receives on-the-job training.
- Participates in long-term projects as assigned by their individual managers. These projects will help further the company’s mission and goals.
- Fully utilizes the capabilities and functions of standard office software applications such as data management, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing in completing assigned projects.
- May prepare reports, presentations, operational documents and correspondence containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content related to business and operational activities subject to review and editing by higher-level staff members.
- Presents projects, ideas, and findings to higher-level staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree such as Finance or Accounting with a junior or senior class standing as of fall 2019.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule, 40 hours per week, during normal business hours, 8:00am to 5:00pm, between May and August.
- Ability to work and be based in Minneapolis, MN; relocation assistance not provided.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business environment.
- Above average written and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good analytical, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in spreadsheet and other applications used in financial reporting and analysis, with an emphasis in Excel.
- Effective organizational, time management, & multi-tasking skills.
- Repetitive motion such as typing.
- Minimal physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of boxes, bags files, and electronic equipment not in excess of 30 lbs.
The Application Process: Candidates must apply through our external portal on our website to be considered. All internship postings close on December 1, 2019 but we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible to receive next steps in the application process. All applicants will be required to complete a one-way video interview. If you are applying for multiple positions you will only need to complete one interview video. Please note, due to high volume of applications, videos will take several weeks to review and you may not hear the status of your application until January 2020.
Thank you for your application and consideration in working with Endeavor Air.
Endeavor Air is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.