Summer College Intern - Finance Project Reporting
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408 Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 36201
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The Project Analysis and Reporting (PAR) team is responsible for providing effective, timely and actionable financial information and business analytics to ensure NextEra Energy Resources is meeting its short-term and long-term objectives. With a primary focus on renewable energy, this organization performs key financial functions for our electric generating facilities and associated financings. These functions include internal and external reporting, budgeting and forecasting, business analytics and certain aspects of the monthly close process and treasury functions.
As a summer intern in the PAR team, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that drive our organization forward. Projects generally relate to process improvements across PAR’s various areas of responsibility, including forecasting, compliance and reporting.
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher