Office Assistant/ Photo Background
Joel Sartore Photography is looking for a self-starting, independent and motivated
individual to become the newest team member of National Geographic's Photo Ark.
We are seeking to hire someone who is dependable, a quick learner, and dedicated to helping us save species.
Experience with Photoshop is a must. The ability to stay organized is key, as are good customer service skills. Because we are primarily a photo agency, the ability to use other photo programs like Lightroom and Photo Mechanic would be extremely helpful, as would the ability to edit video using Premiere.
What you’ll do most of the time:
• Image processing using Photoshop
• Cataloging images for National Geographic’s stock agency
• Help other staff with whatever tasks are required
What you’ll do some of the time:
• Maintain and organize our social media presence
• Video editing
• Create high-quality prints
• Retail and process orders, primarily online and over the phone
• Help keep all the plates spinning: this includes everything from errands to packing for assignment
• Experience with Photoshop
• Experience with video editing, particularly Premiere and After Effects
• Customer service skills
• Comfortable with computers in general, including common office programs (office is Mac based)
• Experience in LightRoom and Photo Mechanic
• Experience with keywording
• Basic biology/taxonomic fundamentals
• Social media expertise
• Experience with image processing
• Experience with Epson printers
• Web experience
• Graphic design experience
We're a small photography business, focusing mainly on the National Geographic Photo Ark project, stock photography and photojournalism. Joel has also been a contributing photographer to National Geographic Magazine for more than 25 years. Our office atmosphere is casual and we take pride in making this a good job to have. We expect great work in exchange. Fast, friendly customer service to our clients is top priority.
Starting pay is $14/hour with a review and potential for a raise after 90 days. The chosen candidate will be considered a full-time employee.
Send your resume (including relevant computer/program skills) to Rebecca Wright at email@example.com
Questions: Call 402.274.1006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website at www.joelsartore.com and www.photoark.org to learn more about our business.