Ag Marketing Internship (Summer 2020)
Ag Marketing Intern
Location: Portland, Maine
Business Unit: EnviroLogix
Ensign-Bickford Industries is seeking talented college students to join our internship program next summer! Our 12-week program is designed to provide real-world and hands-on experience in areas that interest you! As an intern, you will collaborate with industry experts to solve real-world challenges and change the way we do business.
We're looking for an intern with an interest in agriculture to join our Marketing team in Portland, Maine. Our Portland office is home to EnviroLogix, a global leader in the development of rapid GMO and mycotoxin detection technology. We closely monitor global issues in food production chain and find solutions to challenges before they even arise.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for organizing, executing, and measuring the results of multi-channel campaigns that generate new business acquisitions as well as retain and grow existing accounts. This position will report to the Global Commercialization Manager.
Qualified candidates will have prior marketing, communications, or agribusiness internship experience and be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with a standing of junior or higher. Successful candidates will have excellent analytical and organization skills with the ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously, and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to support campaigns, including research and preparation of target lists, track prospect activity, qualify accounts for sales engagement, and measure results of tactics utilized
- Manage marketing attributes in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database for both customers and prospects
- Acquire publicly available and paid-for reports for global analysis of relevant industry trends, customer, prospect, and competitive activity, and any regulatory statutes that could positively or negatively impact the business
- Research domestic and international tradeshow opportunities and develop business case for exhibition and calculate ROI from existing tradeshows to support justification for future exhibition
- Proven ability to work well in team environment with sound problem-solving skills
- Positive work ethic and passionate attitude
- Self-motivated, execution oriented with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to extract and interpret data from various sources to offer creative marketing solutions and business decisions
- Must be self-motivated, have a high work ethic in an independent role
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and work to a schedule on simultaneous projects and priorities
This is a 12-week, full-time, paid internship position with housing support. In addition, students attending universities outside the Portland, Maine area may be eligible for travel reimbursement.