Accounting Intern / Summer 2020
Accounting/Finance Internship - Summer 2020
Are you someone who is looking for development opportunities? Would you like more than just a job? How about a career in which you are empowered to leverage your strengths and apply them each and every day?
Pella Corporation is a growing family owned business, established in 1925. We are an Industry leader in environmental standards and support our local communities through charitable giving and volunteerism.
If you want to work for a reputable company with a strong brand and a vision for the future, Pella Corporation is interested in YOU!!
The primary purpose of this position is to provide proactive assistance to the Pella Corporation Accounting/Finance department and its related functions. The candidate will strive to understand the business from a financial perspective and, with that base of understanding, will engage in various projects and responsibilities that help enable and improve Pella’s ongoing financial processes. Responsibilities will be similar to what we expect of entry-level Accounting/Finance professionals who join the Pella team after graduating. This position provides the opportunity to work individually and as part of a team in the weekly and monthly operational and financial processes across the business. This position will have the opportunity to gain visibility and insight into a variety of financial areas across the organization, and may provide project experience in several finance functions including: treasury, financial accounting, cost accounting, and sales & marketing business partnering. This position will work with a variety of financial systems applications including Microsoft, Oracle, Hyperion, and Essbase, and will have the opportunity to learn about the areas of the business which the financial systems support.
- Pursuing a B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Strong academic candidate
- Experience with team leadership and teamwork, especially outside the classroom
- Ability to use the following software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other applications
- Ability to effectively communicate to financial and non-financial personnel utilizing written and verbal skills, including presentations to small and large groups
- Ability to learn new technology
- Experience managing projects from conception through implementation
- Ability to be successful in a fast-paced team-based work environment
Pella Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Pella is a Smoke Free Environment.