SITKA FINE ARTS CAMP
Sitka Fine Arts Camp, a leader in arts education, provides interdisciplinary summer programs for kids and adults from around the US and world. Our programs including visual art, music, theater, dance, writing, Alaska Native Arts, and science and have been recognized by both the White House and the National Endowment for the Arts for excellence and innovation in arts education and community building. This is a valuable opportunity for applicants interested in working in arts administration or technical productions. For more information, visit: www.fineartscamp.org.
Title: Photography Intern
Duration of Internship: June 1st - July 26; Plan on arriving in Sitka on Sunday, May 31st and departing on Monday, July 27.
Camp operates on a 7-day per week schedule. Interns will be expected to frequently work on nights and weekends. Time off will be scheduled around the demands of the program.
Qualifications: Must have experience photographing people in action and be able to make work consistent with the brand of SFAC. Video experience is a plus, though not required. Must bring your own camera, though some additional tools may be available (tripod, flip video camera, batteries, etc.).
- In keeping with the mission and brand of our organization, create a collection of professional and creative photographs and videos that tell the story of and promote the camp programs
- Document camp with diverse and visually appealing photos that capture teaching and learning moments that are compatible with the brand of the Fine Arts Camp
- Capture the spirit of camp through pictures and videos of classes, campus life, rec day, Art Shares, final performances, and other campus happenings.
- Document other summer events (Jazz on the Waterfront, parent lunches, the Musical and other campus events)
- Build a collection of photos/videos that can be used in grants and our annual report
- Photograph Middle School and High School students at camp registration
- Curate and organize photos/video for use in future marketing
- Post photos and videos on SFAC social media: instagram, facebook, and for parent access
- Create short promotional videos for marketing
- Collaborate with marketing team to create promotional materials
- Assist Technical Theater Department in producing videos of performances
- Opportunity for mentorship by SFAC faculty
- Opportunity to assist in photography/video classes
- Help the SFAC Team with general tasks:
- Assist with staff-wide jobs including camp set up and clean up, laundry, making beds and light custodial work, as needed
Sitka Fine Arts Camp (SFAC) interns help to make the summer run smoothly for students, faculty, staff, community members, volunteers, and visitors to the Sitka Fine Arts Camp.
SFAC Interns are expected to be helpful, responsible, and flexible members of our staff willing to work in any capacity with an enthusiastic and energetic attitude. SFAC Interns are expected to provide excellent customer service to all members of the campus community and to each other.
Intern driven learning opportunities:
In addition to fulfilling the responsibilities listed above, interns will have the opportunity to explore and learn about different areas of arts administration driven by their initiative and interests. These may include development, marketing, event management, operations and logistics, maintenance, graphic design, and more. The more initiative you have, the more you can get out of this summer experience in an organization that is known for successfully working across disciplines and running a healthy and programmatically-diverse non-profit.
Supplementary Materials: Please submit a portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room on campus from the evening of May 31 through the morning of July 27
- Board on campus from dinner on May 31 through breakfast on July 27
- Access to the Hames Center (on campus fitness facility)
Travel: Interns are responsible for their own travel
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled.