Technical Theater Internship
SITKA FINE ARTS CAMP
Sitka Fine Arts Camp, a leader in arts education, provides interdisciplinary summer programs for kids and adults from around the US and world. Our programs including visual art, music, theater, dance, writing, Alaska Native Arts, and science and have been recognized by both the White House and the National Endowment for the Arts for excellence and innovation in arts education and community building. This is a valuable opportunity for applicants interested in working in arts administration or technical productions. For more information, visit: www.fineartscamp.org.
Job Title: Technical Theater Internship
Duration of Internship: June 8th - July 30; Plan on arriving in Sitka on Sunday, June 7th and departing on Friday, July 31.
Camp operates on a 7-day per week schedule. Staff will be expected to work frequent nights and weekends, including long days during productions. Time off will be scheduled around the demands of the program.
- Assist Technical Director in preparation and execution of nightly performances.
- Help with all aspects of technical production throughout the summer season including audio, lighting, rigging, scenic, and video production in two venues: a 600 seat, state-of-the-art theater and a 300 seat auditorium.
- Work with middle and high school students running technical equipment and assist in daily classes during camp.
- General assistance and overseeing of the technical aspects of camp daily operations.
- Assist with load-ins, strikes, technical rehearsals and performances as needed.
- Assist with execution of the summer musical.
A background in one or more technical theater field is required.
- Professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work space.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and handle extensive standing, walking, and step-climbing.
- Positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service.
- Room on campus from the evening of June 7th through the morning of July 31
- Board on campus from dinner on June 7th through breakfast on July 31
- Access to the Hames Center (on campus fitness facility)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled.