Expense Reporting & Analysis Intern - Summer 2020
FGL Holdings—the F&G family of insurance companies—is committed to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement. Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider of annuity and life insurance products. For nearly 60 years, we have offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their needs.
At F&G, we believe our culture is what makes our company great. In 2018, we received a Top Workplace award, which we credit to our employees' shared cultural values: Collaborative, Authentic, Dynamic and Empowered. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a great place to work. We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our team, and we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Expense Reporting & Analysis is responsible for the company-wide Expense Management functions within the Financial Planning and Analysis Department. The Expense Reporting and Analysis Intern will perform a variety of tasks to assist in preparation of the expense close, analysis and related reporting.
The Intern will report to the Financial Analyst, Expense Reporting and Analysis. The department interacts very actively with the various functional areas in the company in order to obtain input for its analysis and reporting, and to provide output and insights for improvements in expense efficiency and redirection of the business, when applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities
The range of tasks to be performed may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting with the preparation and validation of Operating Expense reporting and analysis
- Preparing reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts and other financial data,
- Preparing journal entries and supporting analysis,
- Preparing fixed assets and accrual entries, reconciliations, and analysis
- Assisting with monthly headcount reconciliations and reporting
- Assisting with monthly analysis of budget variance reporting
- Assisting with preparation of annual budget forecasts and departmental summaries
- Assisting with the administration and maintenance of procurement system, Coupa
- Assisting with the requests of both internal and external auditors,
- Assisting with process documentation and improvements, as needed
- Assisting with ad hoc requests, special projects and other duties related to financial reporting and analysis, as assigned,
- Other duties related to Expense Reporting and Analysis, as assigned.