Research and Development Summer Intern - Hematology Products(2)
Streck is seeking candidates for a research and development summer intern to work with our scientific professionals on product enhancements and new product development. This position will primarily work within the scope of hematology and molecular biology. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical skills to work in an industry setting.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare solutions and samples according to instructions for analysis on various hematology cell counting analyzers and analytical instruments
- Provide technical support through development of new methods, validation of existing protocols, and/or other analytical and molecular testing procedures
- Gain basic understanding of any of the following types of instrumentation: clinical hematology and urinalysis, molecular biology (e.g. flow cytometry).
- Collect and analyze data for new products and product improvements based on the understanding of the instrumentation and project goals.
- Summarize data and provide findings to project scientists.
- Junior or senior standing pursuing a degree in chemistry, biology, materials science, or a related discipline
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to deliver on project timelines individually or in a team setting
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility. The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is located in a state-of-the art facility just minutes from Interstate 80 in the southwest Omaha/LaVista area. We offer a collaborative environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance and corporate wellness focus.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.