Research and Development Summer Intern - Molecular
Streck is seeking candidates for a research and development summer intern to work with our scientific professionals on product enhancements and new product development. This position will primarily work within the scope of our molecular group. Primary responsibilities will include setting up experiments, running samples, making solutions, testing new products and analyzing data. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical skills to work in an industry setting.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Review and research project background and status with manager.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Become proficient in proteomic or metabolomics assays.
- Become proficient in HPLC and/or mass spectrometry-based applications.
- Design and conduct experiments, with guidance, within a defined project.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Present project reviews before colleagues and peers.
- Graduate student pursuing a degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of good laboratory practice
- Experience with HPLC and/or mass spectrometry
- Experience with discovery and targeted protein analysis techniques using mass spectrometry
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capability to deliver on project timelines individually or in a team setting
- Dependable and well- organized with demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with multiple biochemical methods/techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of multi-omics and associated methodologies is a plus
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Streck develops and delivers quality control and diagnostic products that touch millions of lives and help validate the reputations of laboratories, hospitals and clinicians all over the world.
For all of us at Streck, our job is not simply about scientific accuracy. It is just as much about responsiveness, commitment and responsibility. The result is something science alone cannot create: Trust.
Streck is located in a state-of-the art facility just minutes from Interstate 80 in the southwest Omaha/LaVista area. We offer a collaborative environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance and corporate wellness focus.
Streck is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and forbids discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping and caregiver status), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, disability, genetic information, citizenship, marital status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.