Assistant, Music Crossover
The Music Crossover department works to provide the music roster with opportunities that span beyond touring in all media including film, TV, games, commercials, digital properties, mobile, theatre and podcasts. This specialty group focuses on soundtracks for film and TV, score, themes, music supervision, music production, on-screen placement, brand partnerships, and many other creative avenues.
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an Agent in our Music Crossover department based in Los Angeles, who focuses on placing music talent in TV, film and other media. The ideal candidate should be motivated, quick-thinking, and has an interest in entertainment (with strong emphasis on the music industry and talent representation within TV and film). The individual should be a master of all things administratively related, detail oriented and organized, a polished communicator, and able to interface directly with all clients and all levels of industry executives while remaining poised during all encounters (in-person, phone, email, etc.).
This is a great opportunity for someone with an innovative mentality, highly creative and is passionate about the music business and how musicians can integrate with and impact different areas of the industry, beyond the live concert experience. Growth exists for top performers who show a mastery in this unique space and an ability to generate further business for the department.
- Administrative duties include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, booking travel, producing correspondences, special projects and personal assistance as needed.
- Work with clients, managers, promoters, industry creatives, filmmakers, producers, labels and publishers, etc. to manage logistics surrounding events.
- Draft and organize promotional materials for artists and events (written blurbs, sending audio files, managing approved marketing materials, etc.).
- Track all contracts and deposits for agent’s client’s and events.
- Research internal and external talent that may be available for internal projects.
- Assist with special projects needed.
- BA/BS from an accredited University or College required.
- Ability to anticipate needs and execute time sensitive matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently.
- Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours.
- Strong organizational and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality is a must.
- Must be solutions oriented.
- Previous experience in the music industry, label, publisher, studio or network encouraged.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).