SUMMER INTERN - Government Relations / Public Policy Majors
As a summer intern, you will be assigned to support a project or major component of a project, in a specific functional or geographic area within the Postal Service. You will be expected to provide meaningful input and support the project assignment to completion. The Internship is part-time during the Summer and will begin May 26, 2020 with a duration of 10 weeks. The Internship has the potential to be extended additional weeks on a case- by-case basis.
This position is a non-career position, therefore there are no benefits associated.
1. Works with manager to review project plans to achieve assignment goals, including understanding project activities, deadlines and key stakeholders.
2. Develops documents, files and materials as needed for the project. Writes instructions, records activities and verifies accuracy and comprehensiveness of information.
3. Coordinates with coworkers as a team member to support achievement of project goals. Interacts via email, telephone and meetings.
4. Assists with preparing and facilitating meetings, working sessions and focus groups as necessary to gather and compile information for the project.
5. Researches information for use in project planning and developing project materials and documents.
6. Creates project deliverables to meet assignment objectives. Compiles data and reports. Assembles information into presentations. Documents research and activities in technical reports.
7. Receives and implements work instruction and guidance from manager.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in Public Policy/ Government Relations / Political Science or closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.