Administrative Services Assistant 3 / Contract Specialist
The Tennessee Department of General Services is responsible for providing goods and services to the State government of Tennessee. Its primary customers are other State departments and agencies. It also serves vendors wishing to do business with the State, and citizens and organizations interested in purchasing surplus State and federal property. The Department’s services include centralized procurement for State departments; management of the State’s real estate assets; motor vehicle and equipment management; printing, media, and photographic services; postal services; warehousing and distribution; State employee parking, badging, and shuttle services; and assistance to small businesses and businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans. For more information about the Department of General Services please visit www.tn.gov/generalservices.
The Department is currently seeking a qualified individual to provide administrative support and assistance to the Real Estate Management Division on the Compliance & Contracts team. The Contract Specialist will communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including agency representatives, on behalf of the Program Manager and the Contracts Team. In addition, the Contract Specialist will perform a wide variety of assignments and clerical duties which include: managing spreadsheets, composing correspondence, managing databases; and responding to a variety of organizational inquiries.
The position is located in downtown Nashville and the monthly starting salary is $2,907 - $3,343 (determined on experience). Information regarding benefits can be found at www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to DGS.Recruiting@tn.gov.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for All functions of the construction, IDIQ, VAR, GMP, & CM/GC contract preparation, execution, and all pertinent amendments
• Ensure that all required documentation to commence the contractual relationship has been received (W9, ACH form, Bond, Insurance Certification, etc.)
• Input required information into Archibus and other tracking spreadsheets
• Assist in writing Bid Irregularity Reports
• Uploads and saves all certificate of liability insurance certificates
• Uploads all bid forms and tabs into project folders
• Track Diversity Reports and Bid Statistics for all projects that bid
• Complete cash receipts for any checks/money orders received for bid bonds
• Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of experience providing administrative assistant duties in the private or public sector; or
• 4 years of experience providing contract and compliance assistance in the private or public sector.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects at one time
• Experience working with Microsoft Office
• Experience with procurement activities
• Proactive attitude with the ability to initiate, manage and track projects through to completion
• Superior organization, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, as this position will involve a great deal of interaction with third parties
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual
because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.