Paid Exercise Science Summer Internship
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching skills while applying classroom learning, theories, and experiences in a real world setting.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Inspire athletes and non-athletes to incorporate exercise, stretching and recovery in their daily activities.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As an Exercise Science intern, you may also be an Activity Specialist in your associated sport or discipline. You will be assigned a mentor, working closely with our Athletic, Program and Tournament Directors to prepare our athlete campers safely for competition. You may also coach teams of your own and work directly with many department heads. Alternatively you can be placed as a General Counselor, helping your campers navigate all land and water sports, being mindful of the role fitness and recovery plays in their daily lives.
Interns in the past have kept journals, written essays or made a video documentary about their experience to show future employers (we also have a media staff that can help you create the perfect content for your resume!).
Your primary role will be working with the campers as a counselor or Activity Specialist, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at camp simply as a counselor, in-and-of-itself, provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader and assist in supervision of the campers’ daily schedule.
Benefits of Interning at Camp:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you in future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
The next step is to fill out our online application and then we will connect to set up an interview over skype/facetime. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com