Paid Outdoor Recreation Summer Internship
- Gain experience working in the wilderness, leading activities such as archery, ropes courses, mountain biking, animal husbandry, camping and kayaking.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Strengthen safety/first-aid, leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
The Outdoor Adventure program at Camp Towanda is one of the most popular places on camp, where campers are challenged to get out of their comfort zone, work as a team and take healthy risks, with the support of their camp family. Outdoor Adventure Instructors are expected to set the bar for our entire staff, with their enthusiastic attitude, supportive nature and commitment to safety.
This program consists of our high and low ropes and zip line, climbing wall and challenge course, mountain biking, treehouse obstacle course, archery, river excursions, camp crafts and overnights! We also have an animal farm with chickens, bunnies, goats and more!
Although you are hired based on your experience, we conduct onsite training before and during the summer. As an “O&A” specialist, you will work with the Director to implement lesson plans, team building, encourage campers to get out of their comfort zone, have fun and work together! Our O&A program is one of the safest places on camp, thanks to the vigilance and pride our staff take in monitoring all activities near and on our courses.
There are typically six, 50 minute long activity periods per day and you will be directly involved with the curriculum planning, participant engagement and execution of a successful program. You will work directly under our Outdoor Adventure Department head alongside a team of O&A specialists from around the world. You will be involved with the maintenance and storage of all related equipment and facilities, facilitate group/team building activities, and uphold all safety precautions and procedures. When not at your specialty, you will be with your assigned group as a counselor, ensuring safety and camaraderie.
Benefits of Interning at Camp:
- EXCELLENT WORK EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in the outdoors vs. an office or corporate setting, getting coffee or pushing papers.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you in future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP.
The next step is to fill out our online application and then we will connect to set up an interview over skype/facetime. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com